Monday, May 27, 2013

Day to night

So last week we worked a bit on our final project which is to take an image from a daytime photo to a nighttime photo. I started with this lovely work of art from my trip to Venice in January:

From there I made some adjustment layers with levels, curves, and brightness. I created a folder for those general adjustments to make it easier to navigate as I work. I made a color overlay with a darkish turquoise color to put in the same folder and then tweaked the color balance a bit to make the adjustments pair more nicely.
So now we can see the overall tone of the image has indeed changed from day to night- starting at the bottom of the image with the darkened shadows on the water leading up to the heavily shaded gondolas   and casting nearly a silhouette on the island of Murano. All that's left is to import a night sky to match our surroundings and I found one for the time being: 

More to come on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment